How to Fail Drug Testing in the Workplace When Not on Illegal Drugs
Drug testing in the workplace is common nowadays specially if there are possible threat that will affect other employees and the operation of the entire company. On the other hand, there are possibilities that you will get positive results even if you are not into illegal drugs or haven’t tried yet before. Getting a false positive on a drug test is more usual as you may not expect it to happen. The possibility of getting a positive result on a drug test varies on many conditions. You must cope up with your situation sensibly if you receive any kind of positive drug test outcome. Study how you might get a false positive and how to avoid getting one on your next drug screening. Here’s how to fail drug testing in the workplace when not on prohibited drugs.
Do some research on which allowed medications can create false positives for prohibited drugs. Even some of the most usual prescriptions can make your drug test positive.
- Have an open conversation with your manager or with the medical practitioner who will conduct the drug screening before the entire procedure. Fill out a comprehensive medication list of all over-the-counter and prescription medications to give to your doctor before your test.
- Be careful on what you eat. Practice balance diet. If you are not aware there are certain foods that can bring a positive result on your drug test. Avoid anything with poppy seeds. You can eat bagels or blueberry muffins until you pass the examination.
- Inquire for a diverse type of drug test if you’ve acquired multiple false positive results. Try to use other drug testing sample like saliva or your blood if urine drug test failed to work for you.
- Ask for a copy of your drug test result from your employer. If the result turned out to be positive, you can ask the company doctor to explain every detail for you to clearly understand why it happened. If you’re certain that you are not a drug user, then you can ask for another drug test however medical technician will use same sample.
- Take a home drug test as preparation to get an idea of what an actual drug test is like. Identify what to assume before getting the official test done.
Learn more about drug testing in the workplace.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call us, (800) 366-5029 for more questions
Posted on May 4, 2015, in employment, medical equipment and tagged addiction, alcohol testing, drug abuse, drug screening, drug testing, drug testing in the workplace. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.