Hair Drug Test: Meets the Highest Standards of the Testing Industry
Drug test is a procedure that often requested during the employment procedure. Business owners wanted to secure their companies and promote safety in the workplace. Hair drug test examines a hair sample for parent drugs and their metabolites. A hair example, gathered from a donor’s head or body, is sent to the research facility and is screened for illegal substances. Here are several facts about hair drug test.
- The usual length of head hair tested is 1½ inches from the root end. Since the normal development rate of human head hair is around ½ inch (1.3 cm) every month a hair analysis covers an estimated 90 day time span. This time allotment is estimation only since an individual’s actual hair growth rate may differ from the average.
- Body hair can also be used for testing. However, while body hair is generally recognized as representing to a more distant time period than head hair, the inexact time period can’t be distinguished because of the high variability of growth rates. It takes roughly 5-10 days from the time of drug use for the hair containing drug to become over the scalp where it can be gathered.
- Any hair remaining after first testing that is completed is held for one year period. Test results are held for a period of two years.
- Along with a wash procedure, testing facilities searches for both the parent drug and metabolite of drug use. For marijuana examination, it distinguishes just the metabolite (THC-COOH). This metabolite is just delivered by the body and can’t be an environmental contaminant.
- Right now there are no known successful business adulterants for hair tests and the prescribed use of ordinary hair care items/techniques (shampoos, colors, permanents, relaxers, dyes) don’t significantly affect results. The impacts of these items were looked into by the FDA.
- Hair color is controlled by the measure of melanin in the hair. It has been demonstrated tentatively, through genuine hair tests, and in addition decided in court that hair color has no significant effect on results.
- Hair coming from brush can be used for the drug analysis but the test will be reported as having anonymous donor. Testing center’s personnel cannot attribute the sample to any specific individual and they cannot identify the time frame of the test, so the test result is not legally secure.
For more details about hair drug test and other types of drug analysis, check it with http://drugabusecontrol.com/