Advantages of Drug Testing in the Workplace
Drug testing in the workplace gives businesses a chance to guarantee that their workers are not using illicit substances at work or even in their time off. While it might cost an organization to test every employee, the benefits and advantages of the testing make it worth the cost. Here are a few advantages that a company can get when they do not skip drug testing programs.
- Safer Working Environment – If the work setting involves operating machines and other equipment, an employee should not be under the influence of any illegal drugs. For example, a driver should be sober in order to do his job properly. Conducting drug testing in the workplace leads to a better and safer work environment.
- Productive Employees – Absenteeism, tardiness, employee theft and behavioral problems are few problems often associated with drug use and abuse. All of which leads to poor performance and less profits. Through workplace drug testing, you can be assured that you have employees who really do their duties well at work. Drug use leads to lower focus and reduced productivity. This is one of the reasons why a business should prevent people who use drugs to enter the company as well as employees who violate the rules and regulations which regards to working under the influence of drugs.
- Decrease of Health Insurance Costs- Drug use cause many health problems. Those who use illegal substances have higher medical costs than those who don’t. This means more frequent health insurance claims, which of course translates to higher premiums. A drug testing in the workplace will help you prevent this kind of financial damage.
- Prevents Employee Theft and Fraud- Drug users are always in need of cash in order to sustain their drug addiction. This is why they tend to lie, borrow, and even steal money. A drug user employee will most likely steal from other employees or even from the organization that he works for. A good drug testing program will be able to give the right consequences to those who violate it as well as prevent the theft and fraud in the workplace.
- Reduce Possible Workplace Violence and Conflicts- Most drug users have behavioral issues and have always been aggressive especially those who are using stimulants. Conducting drug testing in the workplace will reduce this issue. Other than that, it has been proven that there is also an increased productivity to those who feel safer at their work environment.
Posted on July 31, 2017, in alcohol, at home drug test, care for your teens, drug test, drug testing, drugs, employment, health, home drug test, medical equipment and tagged 10 panel drug test, 12 panel drug test, 14 panel drug test, 5 panel drug test, addiction, alcohol testing, bulk drug test kit, business, drug abuse, drug abuse tests in the office, drug and alcohol test, drug test, drug testing, Drug Testing Cups, drug testing in the workplace, drug use, drugs, hair drug test, home drug test kit, Home Drug Test Kits, instant drug test, marijuana drug test, medical help, mouth swab drug test, need to know, Pre employment drug testing, prevent drug abuse, swab drug test, types of marijuana drug test, Urine Drug Testing Cups, wholesale drug testing, workplace. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.