Six Reasons Why Companies Must Conduct Drug Tests
Drug testing is of great importance. It is a critical part of an employer’s hiring process. A drug test is vital because it gives the employers peace of mind when it comes to a safer workplace. By conducting a drug test, companies lessen incidents of drug-related violence and abuse. Furthermore, it also decreases the possibility of drug-related deaths. By going through this process, you could save your company from the thousands of dollars of damages that a drug-addicted employee may incur. Here are all six reasons why you should conduct drug tests at the workplace:
- To protect workers and clients- Employers on drugs show an irrefutable risk to themselves, co-workers, and other people. Businesses cannot afford to risk the security and health by drug abusers in the working environment. Imagine the damages that a drug user worker might cause in the workplace. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- To maintain productivity- Drug use are one of the main reasons why any worker has been frequently late and absent. It also affects their focus. They cannot perform their task excellently because they are under the influence of drugs. Other than that, their irritability and bad mood swings can affect a team or the company’s performance. A drug user is a potential risk to the company’s progress.
- To contain health care costs- Drug clients are not just more prone to harm others at work, they likewise incur four times the medical costs of a normal worker. Compensation laws from some states deny overage if the damage is caused by the use of unlawful drugs or liquor. Using this for your own advantage is impossible without testing.
- To discourage drug use: If drug users know an organization promotes “zero-tolerance from drug use” a state of business, they will probably refrain from illegal drug use or apply for work somewhere else. Other than that, it also encourages workers to live a drug-free life that is not only beneficial for them but also for the company.
- To help the community- By tending to the drug abuse and addiction issues successfully, businesses “do their part” in tending to the necessities of the group. All parts of society must fight the war against illegal drug use. It is one of the hardest battle, but through each organization doing what they could to prevent drug use, they are making a difference.
- To get drug involved workers get the medical attention they need: Drug tests reveals drug abuse issues and helps individuals to get the right medical help they deserve. Drug abuse can cause different kind of physical and psychological illnesses. The worst could be brain damage or even death. This is why drug testing is important in the workplace. Drug testing can be life-saving.
Posted on August 25, 2017, in alcohol, at home drug test, care for your teens, drug test, drug testing, drugs, employment, health, home drug test, medical equipment and tagged 10 panel drug test, 12 panel drug test, 14 panel drug test, 5 panel drug test, at home drug test, drug and alcohol addiction, drug and alcohol test, drug screening, drug test, drug test kits, Drug Testing Cups, drug testing in the workplace, drug testing kits, drug tests, hair drug test, home drug test kit, Home Drug Test Kits, instant drug test, marijuana drug test, Marijuana drug tests, mouth swab drug test, Pre employment drug testing, prevent drug abuse, saliva drug test, swab drug test, Urine Drug Testing Cups, urine drug testing kits, wholesale drug testing. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.