With regards to workplace drug testing, not all kits are the same. There is an extremely refined level of innovation that goes into the production of drug test kits and, similar to all items, there are ways to reduce the cost, more often with the compromise to the quality. So how might you pick the right drug test kits? Here are hints to ensure you get the results you are searching for.
- Sample or specimen will be used – There are many specimens used in drug testing. Hair, blood, urine, sweat and saliva are the available means in drug detection. For example, if you are going to use urine, buy urine cups or dip test and if you are going to use saliva, go with oral swabs.
- Kind of drugs are testing for- With the distinctive types of illicit drugs, it is critical to know whether what particular drugs you might want to test on because this will decide the test kits you will buy. Kinds of drugs includes stimulants, hallucinogens, opioids and depressants. Other than that, realize that in the event that you will test for just one specific kind of drug, you should purchase single-panel drug testing kits, however in the event that you will test for a many types of drugs, then pick multi-panel drug testing kits.
- The cost-The reason behind why urine drug tests are usually used is that it is more affordable in contrast with blood drug tests. In urine test for instance, employees can perform the sample extraction without anyone else’s help while using blood as a specimen would require an expert to extract blood tests from workers which would mean additional payment.
- Accuracy of the results- This is the most important thing to remember in purchasing a drug testing kit. You should not sacrifice the quality of a drug test kit because it cost a little less. Do not buy cheap yet substandard drug testing kits. You’re drug screening at work will be useless if your drug testing kits can’t display the correct results.
If you are still confused on what kind of drug test kits to conduct, Drug Abuse Control, one of the most reliable drug test kit provider will be able to help you in your dilemma. They have various types of drug test kits that are FDA cleared, CLIA waived with 99.9% accuracy.
Drug testing is the assessment of a urine, saliva or other kind of body specimen to know whether an individual has been using the drugs. Drug tests are regularly done as a part of pre-employment screening of business organizations, particularly for positions that may include transportation industries such as railways and airline organizations. It is also conducted in hospitals and other working environments where the public’s wellbeing is essential. Employment drug testing is commonly conducted for some U.S. businesses to decrease the risks and effects of drug use and abuse such as safety concerns, and the decrease of productivity in the working environment. The following are the types of drug tests that can be used in the workplace:
Urine drug testing
Urine is the commonly used specimen used for drug testing by businesses. A urinalysis will demonstrate the presence of a drug in the even after the drug effects have worn off; however, the amount of time depend on the kind of drug. Average urine drug tests for work may screen for amphetamines or methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, sedatives like oxycodone or heroin, nicotine, and liquor.
Saliva drug testing
Saliva or oral drug testing, also called a mouth swab test, might be used if an employer is used with the thought about recent drug use. Saliva drug test however is not useful to test the long term use of drugs. Most saliva drug tests can detect drug use between hours up to 3 days. Saliva drug test is a simple lab test to conduct and the sample easy to extract, it is also less vulnerable to being changed or altered. Saliva drug tests can detect alcohol, cannabis, cocaine, amphetamines, and methamphetamines.
Blood drug testing
A blood drug test might be used to know the amount of drug in a workers body at that exact moment. Different kind of drugs can be tried for in blood: amphetamines, cocaine, cannabis, methamphetamines, sedatives, nicotine, and liquor. Blood testing is invasive yet there is minimal possibility for cheating or alteration of the sample.
Hair drug testing
Hair testing is used to detect drug use on the longer term, usually over a 90-day timeframe. Hair can be tried for cocaine, maryjane, sedatives, methamphetamine, phencyclidine, and liquor.
Aside from knowing the types of drug test. You should also know the kinds of drug testing kits. There are single panel and multi panel drug test kits. Single panel drug test kits detect only a specific kind of drug test while multi-panel drug test kits tests for several types of drugs.
For more facts and information regarding drug test and drug testing kits, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/
The use of illegal drugs can affect an employee’s work performance and can cause an overall impact to the work and well-being of the other employees and the work environment. For work that requires operating heavy machinery or involves health and safety of others, managers ought to particularly be aware if a particular worker is under the influence of illicit drugs. Drug use can influence workplace concentration and judgment and, if illegal drugs are involved, it could put the organization and the company at risk. To diminish business hazard, there must be an employee and pre-employment drug testing.
The most commonly used drug testing in the workplace are multi-panel drug tests since they detect the presence of various kinds of drugs in just one testing. For example, 5-panel drug tests detect for Cocaine Amphetamine/Methamphetamine, Opiates such as heroin, codeine and morphine, Phencyclidine or PCP, THC (marijuana). There is also 10-panel drug test kits that detects the Cocaine, Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, Opiates such as heroin, codeine and morphine, Benzodiazepines, Barbiturates, Propoxyphene, Phencyclidine or PCP,THC (marijuana) and Methadone. Using multi-panel drug tests should are advisable for easy detection of the given types of drugs in the presence of an individual.
Employee and pre-employment drug testing are also done for a number of reasons. Below are the most common cause while a drug screening is conducted.
- Applicant Drug Testing – Drug testing is typically performed prior to an offer of employment. Laws directing drug screening rely upon where you live. Where allowed by state law, work candidates might undergo drug screening as a major aspect of the employment hiring process. In the event that an organization tests for drug use, it is commonly part of the pre-employment screening process and would be required after the employer has offered an individual a job. A failed drug test could cause the job offer to be withdrawn.
- Post-Accident Drug Screening- If a person is involved in an on-the-job accident and injury, he is most likely to undergo drug testing to know if he caused such accident by working while using illicit drugs.
- Random Drug Testing- This is done by selecting random individuals to undergo a drug testing any time. However, there should be a random drug test system in choosing the representatives to avoid the issue of discrimination.
- For Cause Drug Screening- If a person exhibit behavioral and mental signs and symptoms of using illegal drugs, the company may request an employee to conduct drug testing.
The use of illegal drugs can affect an employee’s work performance and can cause an overall impact to the work and well-being of the other employees and the work environment.
Drug screening, especially pre-employment, has gradually turned as a part of the hiring process in organizations all over the country. This results into more secure work environments and better employee performance. Drug testing became a shield that prevents any possible unlikely situations and circumstances. While this is an uplifting news, organizations who execute drug testing programs should know about the common mistakes of employment drug screening.
- Random Tests Selection– If your organization is going to random drug test workers, you have to utilize a way that genuinely, with no predisposition, chooses a random representative. You can’t simply stroll down the lobbies and pick the initial five workers you keep running into. Selecting representatives without any specific way to pick randomly could be understood as discrimination. It would be better that you to set up ways that guarantee full compliance for random drug tests.
- Reminding them that a Drug Test will be Conducted– It may sound fundamental, however when you select a worker for a random drug test, don’t give them a lot of notice preceding the test. Given the chance that the worker has time to get ready for the test, they may attempt to beat the system, cheat the test and not go to work to avoid the test at all. By restricting the chance for your employees to do this this things, you can limit the risk.
- Rules and Compliance– There are such a large number of factors related to drug testing. State laws, government laws, and industry regulations all complicate compliance for businesses. When you hire individuals in various states, you should be knowledgeable in each state’s drug testing
- Just Screening Once– Of the considerable number of organizations that do drug testing, few perform drug screens after a pre-employment drug testing. This can leave your organization open to work environment accidents or financial damage due to poor performance. Randomly drug testing workers shields your organization and other employees from harm.
Having a drug testing program is one of the best way an organization that you can prevent harm and avoid risk, however it should be done the right way. Partnering together with a drug abuse company is a simple approach to advance to a drug free workplace. You should also buy accurate and reliable drug test kits that will surely give you the right results.
Drug testing in the workplace gives businesses a chance to guarantee that their workers are not using illicit substances at work or even in their time off. While it might cost an organization to test every employee, the benefits and advantages of the testing make it worth the cost. Here are a few advantages that a company can get when they do not skip drug testing programs.
- Safer Working Environment – If the work setting involves operating machines and other equipment, an employee should not be under the influence of any illegal drugs. For example, a driver should be sober in order to do his job properly. Conducting drug testing in the workplace leads to a better and safer work environment.
- Productive Employees – Absenteeism, tardiness, employee theft and behavioral problems are few problems often associated with drug use and abuse. All of which leads to poor performance and less profits. Through workplace drug testing, you can be assured that you have employees who really do their duties well at work. Drug use leads to lower focus and reduced productivity. This is one of the reasons why a business should prevent people who use drugs to enter the company as well as employees who violate the rules and regulations which regards to working under the influence of drugs.
- Decrease of Health Insurance Costs- Drug use cause many health problems. Those who use illegal substances have higher medical costs than those who don’t. This means more frequent health insurance claims, which of course translates to higher premiums. A drug testing in the workplace will help you prevent this kind of financial damage.
- Prevents Employee Theft and Fraud- Drug users are always in need of cash in order to sustain their drug addiction. This is why they tend to lie, borrow, and even steal money. A drug user employee will most likely steal from other employees or even from the organization that he works for. A good drug testing program will be able to give the right consequences to those who violate it as well as prevent the theft and fraud in the workplace.
- Reduce Possible Workplace Violence and Conflicts- Most drug users have behavioral issues and have always been aggressive especially those who are using stimulants. Conducting drug testing in the workplace will reduce this issue. Other than that, it has been proven that there is also an increased productivity to those who feel safer at their work environment.
One of the most common problems in teenagers is the involvement in drug use in their adolescent life. They are in the time when their curiosity is heightened and they think that they are entitled to try everything in order to fulfill the desires of their adventures. Some teens are still confused as to what and who they want to be. This is the time where they also feel emotional and vulnerable. This is why most teens suffer from mental and emotional issues. Their immaturity and vulnerability pushes them to try new things and look for confidants in which they could feel that they belong and someone can empathize with them. Unfortunately, not all teenagers find people that will help them with their issues and look after them as they go through this stage. Some have found bad peers and companions that have influenced them to use drugs as an emotional outlet to escape issues and have a momentary break to the problems they have. This is why it’s important that parents should always be there for their kids in every phase of life that they may undergo. As parents they have the responsibility for taking care of the well-being of their children. As to drug involvement, one wise decision to make is to conduct an at home drug test that will help them verify their suspicion of their child’s drug use. However, if you are a parent, you might want to keep the drug test confidential and keep it to you and your child and your family. The best thing to do this is purchase drug test kits and conduct an at home drug test. However, before performing a drug test at home you must know the following tips to get accurate and reliable results:
- Look for behavioral and mental signs and symptoms- symptoms that may lead you to identify which kind of drugs your child might be involved. This will help you which drug test kit to buy for your at-home drug test. Different drugs have common symptoms but they also have different mental and behavioral effects to a person.
- Kind of drug test- There are several types of drugs test. However, the most commonly used at home drug test is saliva drug test and urine drug test since it is easier to administer and read the results compared to blood test that needs medical expert to extract and analyze the samples.
- Where to buy the test kits – With the different companies that produce drug test kits, you must buy from established and trusted ones. Other than that, buy drug test kits that are provide full instructions on how to how to conduct the test and read results. Most importantly, buy accurate test kits. Don’t sacrifice quality over expenses. Just imagine the misunderstanding and the confusion it will create if you get false results.
- Be knowledgeable on how to prevent cheating during the test – If your child is really involved, he will do anything to make the results negative and avoid the confrontation. This is why it’s important that you learn the before, during and after lessons that you should know in administering someone to a drug test. This includes removing things that your child might use to fake the sample as well as being there on the actual extraction of the specimens that will be used.
- Learn about false positives- Your drug test might be reliable however there are other reasons that you the results might turn put positive when in reality it’s positive. It is also important to know this one.
To know more about at home drug test and where to purchase accurate drug testing kits, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/all-in-one-teenager-drug-test-kit-for-parents.html .
Most business owners use the successful completion of pre-employment drug testing. Drug abuse can affect not just the person who is into the illegal drugs but with the entire operation of the company. It can cause health and security hazards in the workplace. It will reduce productivity if the candidate for employment uses drugs. Pre-employment drug testing includes collecting a urine sample from an individual applying for a job and then sending it to a medical laboratory for testing. Applicants who fail to pass the test will not be usually considered for the job. Urine drug testing helps business owners to detect drug substances that stays in the body after the drug’s effects have worn off while blood testing allows measurement of drugs that are present in someone’s bloodstream.
Drug testing can prevent legal liabilities. It can create a working environment wherein employees will be comfortable to work with and will encourage others not to use illegal drugs. Pre-employment drug testing may happen with various types of employers, but is most usual when working responsibilities involve law enforcement or jobs that can cause serious danger to other people when working under the influence of drugs such as driving positions. Most states require specific type of drug test before the employment procedure.
Requirements for drug testing are normally stated from a separate document. Applicants will sign the paper for their consent to pursue with the screening.
In preparation for the employment, most employers require applicants to visit special facilities that specialize in performing pre-employment drug screen. These facilities utilize special procedure like finger printing and isolated specimen collection laboratories to stop people from falsifying test results by using someone else’s sample just to pass the test and win the job.
Aside from drug test, most employers are also requesting for alcohol test for the reason that there will be similar effect if an employee deals with drugs or alcohol. It can both affect individual’s behavior and personality and eventually would ruin the services of the company.
Drug tests can also identify for the use of barbiturates, benzodiazepines and methadone. There are types of drug test and those are the 5 panel pre-employment drug test and the 10 panel drug test. A 5 panel pre-employment drug test can determine the presence of cannabinoid drugs that includes marijuana and cocaine while the 10 panel drug test can detect barbiturates, methaqualone, benzodiazepines, methadone and propoxyphene.
For more information about pre employment drug testing, feel free to fill this form. If you have questions, you can email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 366-5029
Drug abuse creates threat on many people. It often changes how a person thinks, sees, perceives and acts that is why it is important to run a drug test like the 5 panel drug test. Drugs come in the form of panels. The 5-panel checks for 5 drugs. This method can be very helpful in determining people using drug with this one simple method. Substances can be detected by this drug test like Opiates, Amphetamine, Marijuana, PCP and Cocaine. Drug test can determine the specific amount of metabolites in the urine. There are specific levels checked during this process and some called it the cut-off levels.
Once it surpasses the cut-off level, then it means that the person who took this test is positive for the use of the drugs included in the 5-panel drug test otherwise, it is negative. In a company, going through this process gives relief to the customer that the place they’re going into are safe and as for the employees, it gives them the confidence that they are working in a safe environment. Urine and oral fluid samples are usually used in this method. This can be used for post-accidents, pre-employment or even random testing. There are some cases where the accident was not due to mechanical failure, so they run drug tests like this one as the influence of drugs might be the reason for it. Drugs might also influence an employee’s work or action and might create chaos on the office environment so running this test might also help in solving the issue and finding the root cause for the employee’s behavior. Random drug testing plays a big role lessening the use of drugs in a certain area and lessening incidents and accidents.
There are now available drug testing programs and you can also request for an appointment online. You can also buy the drug test kit that can be used even at your homes. The 5 panel drug test is necessary as it detects the most commonly used and abused drug so there’s a high possibility that the people or employees are using this drugs. This drug test can also be requested by the court to prove if the person used any of the 5 drugs on list. By confirming if they used it, the court could provide better judgment for the cases and more criminals can get caught. As drug users are all over the world, it would be best for people to undergo the 5 panel drug test. As the idiom says, it is better to be safe than sorry.
For inquiries about 5-panel drug test click here and feel free to fill this form.
you can also email us @ email@example.com or simply call (800) 366-5029