Drug testing in the workplace gives businesses a chance to guarantee that their workers are not using illicit substances at work or even in their time off. While it might cost an organization to test every employee, the benefits and advantages of the testing make it worth the cost. Here are a few advantages that a company can get when they do not skip drug testing programs.
- Safer Working Environment – If the work setting involves operating machines and other equipment, an employee should not be under the influence of any illegal drugs. For example, a driver should be sober in order to do his job properly. Conducting drug testing in the workplace leads to a better and safer work environment.
- Productive Employees – Absenteeism, tardiness, employee theft and behavioral problems are few problems often associated with drug use and abuse. All of which leads to poor performance and less profits. Through workplace drug testing, you can be assured that you have employees who really do their duties well at work. Drug use leads to lower focus and reduced productivity. This is one of the reasons why a business should prevent people who use drugs to enter the company as well as employees who violate the rules and regulations which regards to working under the influence of drugs.
- Decrease of Health Insurance Costs- Drug use cause many health problems. Those who use illegal substances have higher medical costs than those who don’t. This means more frequent health insurance claims, which of course translates to higher premiums. A drug testing in the workplace will help you prevent this kind of financial damage.
- Prevents Employee Theft and Fraud- Drug users are always in need of cash in order to sustain their drug addiction. This is why they tend to lie, borrow, and even steal money. A drug user employee will most likely steal from other employees or even from the organization that he works for. A good drug testing program will be able to give the right consequences to those who violate it as well as prevent the theft and fraud in the workplace.
- Reduce Possible Workplace Violence and Conflicts- Most drug users have behavioral issues and have always been aggressive especially those who are using stimulants. Conducting drug testing in the workplace will reduce this issue. Other than that, it has been proven that there is also an increased productivity to those who feel safer at their work environment.
One of the most common problems in teenagers is the involvement in drug use in their adolescent life. They are in the time when their curiosity is heightened and they think that they are entitled to try everything in order to fulfill the desires of their adventures. Some teens are still confused as to what and who they want to be. This is the time where they also feel emotional and vulnerable. This is why most teens suffer from mental and emotional issues. Their immaturity and vulnerability pushes them to try new things and look for confidants in which they could feel that they belong and someone can empathize with them. Unfortunately, not all teenagers find people that will help them with their issues and look after them as they go through this stage. Some have found bad peers and companions that have influenced them to use drugs as an emotional outlet to escape issues and have a momentary break to the problems they have. This is why it’s important that parents should always be there for their kids in every phase of life that they may undergo. As parents they have the responsibility for taking care of the well-being of their children. As to drug involvement, one wise decision to make is to conduct an at home drug test that will help them verify their suspicion of their child’s drug use. However, if you are a parent, you might want to keep the drug test confidential and keep it to you and your child and your family. The best thing to do this is purchase drug test kits and conduct an at home drug test. However, before performing a drug test at home you must know the following tips to get accurate and reliable results:
- Look for behavioral and mental signs and symptoms- symptoms that may lead you to identify which kind of drugs your child might be involved. This will help you which drug test kit to buy for your at-home drug test. Different drugs have common symptoms but they also have different mental and behavioral effects to a person.
- Kind of drug test- There are several types of drugs test. However, the most commonly used at home drug test is saliva drug test and urine drug test since it is easier to administer and read the results compared to blood test that needs medical expert to extract and analyze the samples.
- Where to buy the test kits – With the different companies that produce drug test kits, you must buy from established and trusted ones. Other than that, buy drug test kits that are provide full instructions on how to how to conduct the test and read results. Most importantly, buy accurate test kits. Don’t sacrifice quality over expenses. Just imagine the misunderstanding and the confusion it will create if you get false results.
- Be knowledgeable on how to prevent cheating during the test – If your child is really involved, he will do anything to make the results negative and avoid the confrontation. This is why it’s important that you learn the before, during and after lessons that you should know in administering someone to a drug test. This includes removing things that your child might use to fake the sample as well as being there on the actual extraction of the specimens that will be used.
- Learn about false positives- Your drug test might be reliable however there are other reasons that you the results might turn put positive when in reality it’s positive. It is also important to know this one.
To know more about at home drug test and where to purchase accurate drug testing kits, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/all-in-one-teenager-drug-test-kit-for-parents.html .
Waiting for pre-employment drug testing results can be tiresome for employers and applicant alike especially if the company needs to hire the applicant immediately because of the higher demand for the position. Various factors identify how long an employer will have to wait for results, including what type of drugs are tested and whether the applicant is taking a prescribed medicine that might highly affect the outcome of the test. By knowing what to assume, you can better prepare for the result of a pre-employment drug testing.
Following a preliminary positive test, the lab will perform a second test to rule out a false positive. The second test is conducted using gas chromatography and mass spectrometry. These procedures will remove error and give the tester with details about the amount of a substance present in the specimen. It may take 4-5 days before results of a positive test are made available to the employer.The wait time for drug screen results depends on which drugs are tested. Commonly, employers follow the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration standardized regulations. Here are the types of pre-employment drug testing and the waiting time for the results:
- Urine Testing – Urine is the most commonly specimen used for drug testing. For the reason that it provides the fastest turnaround time of all types of drug screens. Most medical laboratories can process a drug screen in one to two business days. On the other hand, if the specimens must be send to the testing facility from the lab, this may add more business day. For negative urine screens, results are normally available to the employer by the third business day. For positive test, the results are obtainable after four or five business days.
- Hair Testing – Hair testing can identify drug use up to 90 days prior the date of the test. The downside to hair testing is that results take more time than urine testing. Based on the diagnostics testing companies, results of hair drug screens typically take five to ten business days to deliver.
- Blood Testing – Blood tests are the least practiced for pre-employment drug testing because drugs are non-visible in the blood stream after 48 hours. Results are available 24 hours after the specimen is screened, or 48 hours or more when the specimen must be send to a lab.
For more information about pre-employment drug testing, feel free to fill this form. You can also reach us through email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 366-5029
Most business owners use the successful completion of pre-employment drug testing. Drug abuse can affect not just the person who is into the illegal drugs but with the entire operation of the company. It can cause health and security hazards in the workplace. It will reduce productivity if the candidate for employment uses drugs. Pre-employment drug testing includes collecting a urine sample from an individual applying for a job and then sending it to a medical laboratory for testing. Applicants who fail to pass the test will not be usually considered for the job. Urine drug testing helps business owners to detect drug substances that stays in the body after the drug’s effects have worn off while blood testing allows measurement of drugs that are present in someone’s bloodstream.
Drug testing can prevent legal liabilities. It can create a working environment wherein employees will be comfortable to work with and will encourage others not to use illegal drugs. Pre-employment drug testing may happen with various types of employers, but is most usual when working responsibilities involve law enforcement or jobs that can cause serious danger to other people when working under the influence of drugs such as driving positions. Most states require specific type of drug test before the employment procedure.
Requirements for drug testing are normally stated from a separate document. Applicants will sign the paper for their consent to pursue with the screening.
In preparation for the employment, most employers require applicants to visit special facilities that specialize in performing pre-employment drug screen. These facilities utilize special procedure like finger printing and isolated specimen collection laboratories to stop people from falsifying test results by using someone else’s sample just to pass the test and win the job.
Aside from drug test, most employers are also requesting for alcohol test for the reason that there will be similar effect if an employee deals with drugs or alcohol. It can both affect individual’s behavior and personality and eventually would ruin the services of the company.
Drug tests can also identify for the use of barbiturates, benzodiazepines and methadone. There are types of drug test and those are the 5 panel pre-employment drug test and the 10 panel drug test. A 5 panel pre-employment drug test can determine the presence of cannabinoid drugs that includes marijuana and cocaine while the 10 panel drug test can detect barbiturates, methaqualone, benzodiazepines, methadone and propoxyphene.
For more information about pre employment drug testing, feel free to fill this form. If you have questions, you can email us @ email@example.com or call (800) 366-5029
Drug abuse, also known as substance abuse is described as the continuous intake of illegal drugs. Any age, social status and gender can be a victim of drug abuse. It is one of the major problems encountered all over the world. It affects the community as it also increases criminal cases and violence. It’s also one of the factors why people commit criminal acts. Some drug users also tend to commit crimes just to have their regular dose of drugs. In some cases, it could also destroy one’s family, job and life. This is why employers should really be wary about this and take part in drug tests with the use of wholesale drug testing.
The act of drug testing is commonly done in government or private clinics where drug testing materials, equipment and supplies are available. But these days, and with the continuous increase of drug users, scientists have already come up with easier and faster means of detecting abusers. This is the reason why there are already wholesale drug testing operations and supplies available in the market these days. These things have the same effectiveness but are made available in bulk for company or business purposes. That way, drug testing in companies and businesses can cost lower than the regular single testing conducted either in government or private sectors. At the same time, employers can now request for expedite results because the supplies are now available in bulk and the employees have no more reasons to delay the tests.
There are a lot of factors leading to drug abuse like pressure, anxiety, rebellion, family orientation, beliefs and teachings, influence of peers, past traumatic experiences and their environmental circumstances. Some uses drugs without even knowing the consequences that could occur after using it. There are some drug users who don’t even realize or don’t have the courage to accept that they are victims of drug abuse and seek for medical help.
Some drug users were influenced by their friends and even by their own family members that is why it is very important to be able to decide on your own and not be easily influenced by anyone especially if you are not sure if it would lead you to any good. Whatever reasons an employee has, employers can always request for wholesale drug testing and get fast result in a matter of seconds.
For inquiries about Wholesale Drug Testing, email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 366-5029