Teenagers are now exposed to different kind of drugs due to many possible reasons. They may try drugs because of peer pressure, or use it an as emotional outlet or even just do it out of curiosity.
Whatever the reason may be, it’s important that parents do not take it lightly when they saw the drug abuse signs in their teenage child. The best way to know and verify if their suspicion is true is through a drug test which can be conducted at home or a testing facility. However, know that there several ways in which teenagers cheat drug tests. By knowing this, parents will be able to prevent any possibility of cheating that will lead to inaccurate drug test result.
- Altering- A sprinkle of salt or a sprinkle of soap, vinegar, or cleanser is all that is expected to mess up a urine sample. These and other common substances are very frequently carried into the washroom and used to modify the chemical structure of the urine specimen, making the nearness of some illicit substances imperceptible. Same goes for chemical concoctions sold online. Now and then these added substances or “adulterants” will cloud or stain the urine, effectively throwing doubt on the example, however others leave the specimen looking normal.
- Diluting- Swallowing liquids before giving urine sample, a long-standing strategy, is as yet the most well-known way that youngsters attempt to beat tests. Their point is to dilute drugs so they can’t be identified. Some testing centers may check urine for weakening and regard excessively watery examples “unfit for testing.” But expending excessively liquid too rapidly can periodically have critical results.
- Changing the drug being used- Maybe most disturbing that adolescents set on overcoming drug tests will some of the time switch their drug of decision to an imperceptible or harder to distinguish substance that is more dangerous. Inhalants, for instance, incorporate various sorts of chemical vapors that regularly create brief, intoxicating impacts. You don’t discharge inhalants in your urine yet breathing in is intensely more risky than cannabis.
- Taking vitamins- Maybe this is on the grounds that vitamin B3 is known to help digestion, or maybe this is on the grounds that scientologists are said to take it in overabundance to flush their collections of poisons. Whatever the reasons, a few teenagers got the idea that outrageous measurements of this vitamin would eradicate any hint of their unlawful drug utilize. However, our body have limits and it happened that some teenagers tried and it almost cost them their lives.
- Swapping urine specimens- Regardless of whether they use a companion’s clean urine, synthetic or freeze-dried one bought on the internet is used by teens to swap urine samples. The greatest tip-off is temperature. Anything that is lower than body temperature is suspicious. This is the reason why some have endeavored to carry test samples between their armpits or taped to thighs to keep them warm.
Numerous businesses require their workers to submit to drug testing both before and after being employed. On most occasions, after being employed a business requires reasonable doubt before having a worker take a drug test. Indeed, even with the current legalization of marijuana in a few states, workers in those states can in any case be punished for testing positive. The necessary discipline for a failed drug test can include rehabilitation, termination, and losing one’s unemployment benefits. Here are some reasons and benefits in drug testing in the workplace:
- It lessens potential legal liabilities of companies- At the point when workplace accidents happen, companies possibly confront lawful obligation, particularly if the accident happened on account that the business failed to maintain a safe and secure workplace. Without drug testing in the workplace, there is no chance to get for a business to distinguish workers who pose as a risk to everybody in the workplace with their drug use or addiction. A workplace drug testing program therefore portrays a company’s effort to keep the workplace safe for everybody. Drug testing in the workplace can help minimize workplace accidents, which in turn decreases the potential legal obligation of businesses themselves.
- It maintains the good reputation of the organization- A drug testing program accomplishes something beyond detecting drug users in the workplace. It additionally indicates how dedicated a business is to maintaining a sheltered and sound workplace. That boosts a business’ reputation to his workforce, as well as to other associations and the general public.
- Increased safety prompts better profits- Drug testing prompts less workplace accidents, which is an entirely decent indicator that a workplace has indeed a safe working condition. That can just motivate workers to become more beneficial, knowing that their bosses are doing everything they can to keep everybody safe while at work. Organizations that have executed a thorough workplace drug testing program have reliably announced a general change in work performance and productivity. Accident rates drop when there’s a drug testing program set up. The same can likewise be said for tardiness, absenteeism, employee theft and behavioral issues that are regularly connected with drug use.
- Lessens potential workplace conflicts and violence- Drug abusers have a tendency to behave aggressively, especially the individuals who are using stimulant drugs like cocaine. With the usage of a drug testing program, the association will have the capacity to pinpoint and manage drug abusing employees before any incidents of violence and conflict take place.
- Pre-employment drug testing can screen applicants involved in drug use before they’re hired- Drug testing in the workplace might be seen by a few employers as a pointless cost on their part. The capacity to screen drug users and potential drug abusers before they’re employed is certainly worth the cost and trouble.
One can’t be careless in regards to picking drug test kits for workplace drug screening. Drug testing has turned into a critical and delicate subject among business owners and employees, particularly with the legitimization of marijuana. In this way, here are a portion of the essential things that businesses need to consider in search of the best and most accurate drug test kits. The primary thing that companies need to know is that there are distinctive drug test kits. These drug testing kits include:
- Hair Drug Test Kits – These sorts of kits are more costly yet they give precise outcomes with very little or no event of adulteration. One of the advantages of this kit is that it can recognize the presence of drugs in the body for up to 90 days after using it, however it can take a couple of days to get the results.
- Saliva Drug Test Kits – These sorts of kits are simple to utilize and give quick results. Besides that, the results are difficult to manipulate and can identify presence of drugs a few days before testing.
- Urine Drug Test Kits – The strategy for gathering urine is the least demanding way on how check drug use in employees. These are more prominent than others due to its moderateness, simplicity to use, and furthermore it gives precise outcomes.
These are the most widely used drug test kits that you can buy in the event that you are considering giving your workers a chance to undergo drug testing which will rely upon the organization’s financial plan and how precise they need the outcomes to be. The following thing that businesses need to do is to ask what drugs they need to test for. There are kits that are planned in testing for particular drugs.
- Single panel drug test kits can just distinguish a solitary drug utilizing tests like urine and saliva yet multi-panel drug test kits can recognize at least two drugs at once.
- Multi-panel drug testing kits can distinguish drugs like cocaine, cannabis, barbiturates, buprenorphine, methamphetamine, sedative, oxycodone, and phencyclidine. They are named in view of the number of drugs they can distinguish; they can be 5-panel, 10-panel or 12-panel test kits.
If ever that businesses need to test for marijuana, it is essential to know the laws in your state – in the event that it is legal and it is utilized for medical purposes on your employee’ part.
Drug test kits likewise have validity strips with them and these prevent cheating of the results or contaminating test samples. For instance, should an employer mix water in his urine, this will appear in the marker.
Businesses get the opportunity to pick what kind of drug test kits they want their workers to use, however usually the saliva testing kit is useful for random drug tests while the urine drug testing kits are great decision for practical purposes. In any case, regardless of what kind of testing kit is used, employers should remember the duties that they have for their workers.
Even with a clear drug and alcohol policy and program, organizations may still find that some of their employees are using alcohol and drugs in the work environment, or coming to work affected by these substances. This does not only compromise the quality of their performance and the integrity of their work, it can likewise jeopardize the safety inside the workplace. Numerous companies choose to make drug testing policies as a method to avoid the use and abuse of alcohol and drugs among the workplace. In the event that workers test positive, they might be punished with warnings, or even termination on account of a zero-tolerance program.
The main issue is that addicts can end up cheating drug tests. By what means would businesses be able to avoid this circumstance from happening? Here are a couple of steps each organization should take to prevent drug test cheating.
- Random Drug Testing – With random drug testing, there is no notice or announcement when a drug test will be required. Through a random drug test, cheaters have fewer opportunities to prepare in order to affect test sample. For example, if a person knows that a urine drug test will be conducted later, he will consume large amounts of liquid prior to the drug test, so that there will be no presence of drugs that can be detected on the test specimen.
- Monitored Drug Testing – Employees tend to alter test samples, like adding water to the urine, or adding other substances to mask the presence of drugs. They can also substitute the sample from another source. Monitored test is an easy way to be sure that none of these things happen. Employers may hire third-party drug testing companies to monitor the whole drug testing
- Varied Type Tests – By using many test samples to conduct a drug tests, it will be harder to cheat or substitute. Since oral test and hair tests are observed, the likelihood of adulteration or substitution of the specimen is reduced.
- Zero Tolerance Policy – Businesses clearly can’t expect workers to wear drug and alcohol detection gadgets, however, they can hinder drug use with a zero-tolerance approach that incorporates instant termination, should any representative test positive for alcohol or drugs. In fact, this won’t avoid cheating on drug tests, yet it might prevent drug use in any case, which is the main objective.
For more details regarding drug testing, drug abuse prevention and various types of drug testing kits, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/
There are a wide range of types of drug testing that a company may conduct for a job applicant or employee. These are breath liquor tests, blood tests for drug use and liquor, urine drug tests, and even hair drug tests. Another type of test is the saliva drug test.
A saliva drug test, otherwise called a mouth swab or oral fluid test, gathers saliva from inside the job candidate or worker’s mouth. The saliva is used as a specimen which is tested for the presence of drugs; regularly, these tests can recognize drugs used in previous couple of days. Saliva can be tested for liquor, cannabis, cocaine, amphetamines, and methamphetamines.
Saliva drug tests are common for some business organizations, this is because it is more affordable than other drug tests. It is also simple to facilitate. Saliva is anything but difficult to gather and test, so this is the simplest and the least invasive kind of drug testing. Frequently, the tests should be done on site, which makes them easy to conduct and effective.
There are a couple of basic reasons why businesses conduct saliva drug tests. Sometimes, these are part of the pre-employment tests. This drug test will be a piece of the bigger work screening process, which may include different other record verifications.
A few companies conduct random drug tests, in which they randomly select representatives from a pool of workers to take the test. Normally, the employees should not have any knowledge or notice of the drug tests. Nonetheless, the business organization must tell the employees in their handbook, that random drug tests can be conducted anytime as a part of the company’s policy. A few states have laws regarding how far ahead of time representatives should be informed about the drug tests.
Some organizations conduct for-cause drug tests. For this situation, if a business thinks a worker might be affected by drugs because of often absenteeism, frequent lateness, poor performance, and other behavioral signs of drug use, the organization can require the representative to present an oral drug test.
Lastly, employers conduct these tests after an accident on the workplace. This may comprise a car accident, or accidents which includes use of machineries. These drug tests enable the business to know whose responsibility is the incident.
For further information regarding saliva drug test as well as saliva drug testing kits you can purchase online, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/retailers-1/saliva-tests
Drug testing in the workplace gives businesses a chance to guarantee that their workers are not using illicit substances at work or even in their time off. While it might cost an organization to test every employee, the benefits and advantages of the testing make it worth the cost. Here are a few advantages that a company can get when they do not skip drug testing programs.
- Safer Working Environment – If the work setting involves operating machines and other equipment, an employee should not be under the influence of any illegal drugs. For example, a driver should be sober in order to do his job properly. Conducting drug testing in the workplace leads to a better and safer work environment.
- Productive Employees – Absenteeism, tardiness, employee theft and behavioral problems are few problems often associated with drug use and abuse. All of which leads to poor performance and less profits. Through workplace drug testing, you can be assured that you have employees who really do their duties well at work. Drug use leads to lower focus and reduced productivity. This is one of the reasons why a business should prevent people who use drugs to enter the company as well as employees who violate the rules and regulations which regards to working under the influence of drugs.
- Decrease of Health Insurance Costs- Drug use cause many health problems. Those who use illegal substances have higher medical costs than those who don’t. This means more frequent health insurance claims, which of course translates to higher premiums. A drug testing in the workplace will help you prevent this kind of financial damage.
- Prevents Employee Theft and Fraud- Drug users are always in need of cash in order to sustain their drug addiction. This is why they tend to lie, borrow, and even steal money. A drug user employee will most likely steal from other employees or even from the organization that he works for. A good drug testing program will be able to give the right consequences to those who violate it as well as prevent the theft and fraud in the workplace.
- Reduce Possible Workplace Violence and Conflicts- Most drug users have behavioral issues and have always been aggressive especially those who are using stimulants. Conducting drug testing in the workplace will reduce this issue. Other than that, it has been proven that there is also an increased productivity to those who feel safer at their work environment.
If you are a concerned parent who have a suspicion that your child is in need of medical attention because of suspected drug use, the best way to know is conduct a home drug test. Conducting home drug test is easy. However, you must still know a few tips that will help you conduct it successfully in order to get the right test results. The following are some of the basic stuffs that you should know:
- Buy Reliable and Accurate Drug Test Kits- Before buying an at home drug test kit, make sure that you check its reliability. The most important thing to consider is to be sure that you use a test kit for the drugs that are suspected of being used since there is not a universal drug kit to test all kinds of drugs. Other than that, you should also make sure that these kits are reviewed, tested, and approved by the government. For example, home drug test kits from Drug Abuse Control is FDA cleared, CLIA waived with 99.9% accuracy rating-the kind of drug test kits that you should purchase. Lastly, check if the kit hasn’t expired yet or in any way damaged which could compromise its ability to give accurate results.
- Read the Instructions and Follow it carefully- When conducting a test, make sure that you aren’t confused by what the instructions says and you follow it cautiously because even the slightest of errors can lead to wrong results. It is important that you ensure that you follow even the smallest instruction, because incorrect results may come between you and your child.
- Reduce the Possibility of Cheating- There are many tricks posted online that your child can read which could compromise the accuracy of the results of a drug test. Some will try to add chemicals to the test kit or they may take different vitamins to change the results. Make sure that they do not do these things before and during the home drug test.
- Read the Results Correctly- As mentioned above, following the instructions is important not only during the drug testing, but also after it. Interpreting results in the correct way will clear your doubts.
- Understand that there are also False Positives- This means that a result might falsely indicates the presence of a drug. There are many reasons as to how a test can come out with a positive when there is no drug use. These includes eating poppy seed which shows up as opium, drinking medications, drinking coffee which can appear as amphetamine or being exposed to secondhand drug smoke such as marijuana smoke.
For more details regarding home drug test and the best home drug test kits you can purchase online, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/all-in-one-teenager-drug-test-kit-for-parents.html
Urine test is a kind of drug test that uses urine as a specimen to detect substances within the urine that are found in drugs, therefore letting us know if there is a presence of illegal drugs in a person’s body. It is the most popular type of drug test because it is easy to perform and it is very convenient for the users. Aside from a urine test, there are also other types of drug tests like blood test or saliva test, all having the same purpose of detecting if there are illicit substances within the body.
Urine tests have been proven to be the easiest method in detecting if a person is using illegal drugs or not, because of its ease of use. Here are some of the reasons as to why:
- Less invasive – it is definitely less invasive due to the fact that people urinate behind closed doors. The privacy adds a lot of factor, and people are more comfortable conducting drug tests in their own private rooms than in public labs. The privacy also allows them to relax while conducting a drug test, therefore reducing pressure upon the user.
- Cheap – some drug tests cost more than others because of their intricacy and how they are to be used, while some are cheap because they are simple to use and are not too complicated. A urine test falls on the latter category because of its simplicity, therefore making it cheaper than other drug tests.
- Easy to conduct – since a urine test is less complicated than other drug tests, it is much easier to use and to conduct. That’s why it is a popular type of drug test because people might have a hard time understanding the instructions of other types of drug tests, which could lead to inaccurate results.
- Results in just a few minutes – because of its simplicity, its results appear fast too, since it does not require a lot of processing. Some types of drug tests require complicated analysis to produce results. The more complicated things are, the slower it becomes to process it, therefore consuming time. A Urine test on the other hand produces results in a short span of time.
In order to be sure that the results of the urine test is accurate, the urine test kits must be reliable and accurate. As a user, we cannot afford to have inaccurate results, because drugs are a huge problem in our society. Drug Abuse Control, with its variety of drug test kits, offers reliable products and are proven and tested by their customers. To ensure accuracy and reliability, choose Drug Abuse Control.
Drug Testing policies are in the human resources guidelines which many small businesses have. Employees who refuse to take drug testing were in the guidelines, as long as it followed the policy. Drug testing is random or ordered that is from a reasonable suspicion of using drugs and presented in the employment agreement when they accepted the job. As addressed in the policy if the employee refused to undergo drug testing, which allows having an immediate dismissal.
Random Drug Testing
Draft your human resources drug testing policy and every month; add the specific percentage of the employees for random drug testing, if you chose random testing for your business. Randomly select names of your employees and immediately send them to the testing lab, straight from work. Add to your policy that if an employee refused to submit to the random drug test, that their name be drawn out and grounds for an immediate dismissal from employment.
If you suspect that your employees are drug impaired, state in your human resources policy that they will have to accept the mandatory drug testing, if you chose this as your testing approach. Supervisors should have training on how to spot an employee that is using drugs on or off the job and that they should keep an eye on them by a multiple criteria before ordering the employee to the drug testing. Difficulty walking, slurred speech, unfocused eyes, unresponsiveness or his or her ability to answer basic questions or articulate thoughts, this is the criteria of spotting employees who uses drugs.
Make sure you know what to do if you fail to draft and carry out the policy on drug testing and make sure your managers are also informed about the employment laws as well before you go ordering drug testing to employees and dismissing employees for refusing to undergo drug testing.
If your business does not have a drug testing policy then add one, especially when your business handles heavy machinery or when your business does dangerous activities in the workplace. There are a lot of policies that are available or you can borrow one for another organization, and then customize it. Have a contract with your chosen testing lab. And once you have implemented and put the policy in place, have the policy be read by everyone in the business, like the managers and the employees. And make sure that everyone knows about the effective date of the policy.
In the 80s, there was confusion in the forces that pushed drug testing to the front of workplace issues. An increasing pressure was on employers by the globalization of the world’s economy, to cut their costs of fueling their search for the right employee and doing their business. The war on drugs intensified because of urban crime related in the rising level of drugs. But in America, the war’s focus shifted from attacking the supply to the demands, the increase of risk that aimed for the public’s safety as the specter of impairment while on the job, especially in the transportation employment sector. “Everyone should have drug testing except me” was the attitude when the drug testing emerged which was the solution to all these ills.
Drug Impairment and Urinalysis
There is a confusion in forces which raises different problems, in some case it is drug use, performance impairment and performance enhancing drugs that mostly used by athletes. The quickest fix to a lot of these problems are workplace drug testing that uses urine samples but urinalysis cannot measure the impairment caused by drugs, wanting attack the demanding side of the drug trade, apart from that almost all forces calls for drug testing on impairment while on the job. But because of drug testing, the public sees it as an extreme invasion of privacy and very intrusive that was one of the most fundamental rights, it is intrusive mostly when imposed randomly without any kind of reasonable suspicions like many drug testing proponent advocate.
Intrusiveness of Drug Testing and the Mechanisms of Drug Testing
The drug testing prevailing method of choice is by using urine samples. But people have expressed their experience of urinalysis that degraded them. Not only is the drug testing method intrusive. Drug testing results are highly sensitive personal information in a collection. It tells us if a person had a history of taking drugs or may have consumed drugs. Collecting Urine samples to find the drugs used and may show medical conditions through urinalysis that is only known by the person being testing.
Drug testing needed subjects to show their use of prescription drugs, over the counter drugs and other legitimate drugs that could cause positive feedback from the drugs testing results, private firms and the government embraced the drug testing method of urinalysis despite its intrusiveness. In the 80s, 58 percent of employers in the US had drug testing programs.
Widespread drug testing is a simple, and a quick fix to a complex social problem that is enormously attractive. That is stress, ignorance and the continuing failure of treating and drug testing employees with substance abuse health problems and not social deviance, which is threatening than appreciating a lot of our fundamental liberties?
Employers permitted the war on drugs strategy that intrude family homes without any kind of reasonable suspicion, intrusions are not really addressing the main problem, but the government are still attracted with the idea of drug testing that intrudes the bodies of its citizens.