With regards to workplace drug testing, not all kits are the same. There is an extremely refined level of innovation that goes into the production of drug test kits and, similar to all items, there are ways to reduce the cost, more often with the compromise to the quality. So how might you pick the right drug test kits? Here are hints to ensure you get the results you are searching for.
- Sample or specimen will be used – There are many specimens used in drug testing. Hair, blood, urine, sweat and saliva are the available means in drug detection. For example, if you are going to use urine, buy urine cups or dip test and if you are going to use saliva, go with oral swabs.
- Kind of drugs are testing for- With the distinctive types of illicit drugs, it is critical to know whether what particular drugs you might want to test on because this will decide the test kits you will buy. Kinds of drugs includes stimulants, hallucinogens, opioids and depressants. Other than that, realize that in the event that you will test for just one specific kind of drug, you should purchase single-panel drug testing kits, however in the event that you will test for a many types of drugs, then pick multi-panel drug testing kits.
- The cost-The reason behind why urine drug tests are usually used is that it is more affordable in contrast with blood drug tests. In urine test for instance, employees can perform the sample extraction without anyone else’s help while using blood as a specimen would require an expert to extract blood tests from workers which would mean additional payment.
- Accuracy of the results- This is the most important thing to remember in purchasing a drug testing kit. You should not sacrifice the quality of a drug test kit because it cost a little less. Do not buy cheap yet substandard drug testing kits. You’re drug screening at work will be useless if your drug testing kits can’t display the correct results.
If you are still confused on what kind of drug test kits to conduct, Drug Abuse Control, one of the most reliable drug test kit provider will be able to help you in your dilemma. They have various types of drug test kits that are FDA cleared, CLIA waived with 99.9% accuracy.
Drug testing is the assessment of a urine, saliva or other kind of body specimen to know whether an individual has been using the drugs. Drug tests are regularly done as a part of pre-employment screening of business organizations, particularly for positions that may include transportation industries such as railways and airline organizations. It is also conducted in hospitals and other working environments where the public’s wellbeing is essential. Employment drug testing is commonly conducted for some U.S. businesses to decrease the risks and effects of drug use and abuse such as safety concerns, and the decrease of productivity in the working environment. The following are the types of drug tests that can be used in the workplace:
Urine drug testing
Urine is the commonly used specimen used for drug testing by businesses. A urinalysis will demonstrate the presence of a drug in the even after the drug effects have worn off; however, the amount of time depend on the kind of drug. Average urine drug tests for work may screen for amphetamines or methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, sedatives like oxycodone or heroin, nicotine, and liquor.
Saliva drug testing
Saliva or oral drug testing, also called a mouth swab test, might be used if an employer is used with the thought about recent drug use. Saliva drug test however is not useful to test the long term use of drugs. Most saliva drug tests can detect drug use between hours up to 3 days. Saliva drug test is a simple lab test to conduct and the sample easy to extract, it is also less vulnerable to being changed or altered. Saliva drug tests can detect alcohol, cannabis, cocaine, amphetamines, and methamphetamines.
Blood drug testing
A blood drug test might be used to know the amount of drug in a workers body at that exact moment. Different kind of drugs can be tried for in blood: amphetamines, cocaine, cannabis, methamphetamines, sedatives, nicotine, and liquor. Blood testing is invasive yet there is minimal possibility for cheating or alteration of the sample.
Hair drug testing
Hair testing is used to detect drug use on the longer term, usually over a 90-day timeframe. Hair can be tried for cocaine, maryjane, sedatives, methamphetamine, phencyclidine, and liquor.
Aside from knowing the types of drug test. You should also know the kinds of drug testing kits. There are single panel and multi panel drug test kits. Single panel drug test kits detect only a specific kind of drug test while multi-panel drug test kits tests for several types of drugs.
For more facts and information regarding drug test and drug testing kits, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/
Drug screening, especially pre-employment, has gradually turned as a part of the hiring process in organizations all over the country. This results into more secure work environments and better employee performance. Drug testing became a shield that prevents any possible unlikely situations and circumstances. While this is an uplifting news, organizations who execute drug testing programs should know about the common mistakes of employment drug screening.
- Random Tests Selection– If your organization is going to random drug test workers, you have to utilize a way that genuinely, with no predisposition, chooses a random representative. You can’t simply stroll down the lobbies and pick the initial five workers you keep running into. Selecting representatives without any specific way to pick randomly could be understood as discrimination. It would be better that you to set up ways that guarantee full compliance for random drug tests.
- Reminding them that a Drug Test will be Conducted– It may sound fundamental, however when you select a worker for a random drug test, don’t give them a lot of notice preceding the test. Given the chance that the worker has time to get ready for the test, they may attempt to beat the system, cheat the test and not go to work to avoid the test at all. By restricting the chance for your employees to do this this things, you can limit the risk.
- Rules and Compliance– There are such a large number of factors related to drug testing. State laws, government laws, and industry regulations all complicate compliance for businesses. When you hire individuals in various states, you should be knowledgeable in each state’s drug testing
- Just Screening Once– Of the considerable number of organizations that do drug testing, few perform drug screens after a pre-employment drug testing. This can leave your organization open to work environment accidents or financial damage due to poor performance. Randomly drug testing workers shields your organization and other employees from harm.
Having a drug testing program is one of the best way an organization that you can prevent harm and avoid risk, however it should be done the right way. Partnering together with a drug abuse company is a simple approach to advance to a drug free workplace. You should also buy accurate and reliable drug test kits that will surely give you the right results.
Drug testing in the workplace gives businesses a chance to guarantee that their workers are not using illicit substances at work or even in their time off. While it might cost an organization to test every employee, the benefits and advantages of the testing make it worth the cost. Here are a few advantages that a company can get when they do not skip drug testing programs.
- Safer Working Environment – If the work setting involves operating machines and other equipment, an employee should not be under the influence of any illegal drugs. For example, a driver should be sober in order to do his job properly. Conducting drug testing in the workplace leads to a better and safer work environment.
- Productive Employees – Absenteeism, tardiness, employee theft and behavioral problems are few problems often associated with drug use and abuse. All of which leads to poor performance and less profits. Through workplace drug testing, you can be assured that you have employees who really do their duties well at work. Drug use leads to lower focus and reduced productivity. This is one of the reasons why a business should prevent people who use drugs to enter the company as well as employees who violate the rules and regulations which regards to working under the influence of drugs.
- Decrease of Health Insurance Costs- Drug use cause many health problems. Those who use illegal substances have higher medical costs than those who don’t. This means more frequent health insurance claims, which of course translates to higher premiums. A drug testing in the workplace will help you prevent this kind of financial damage.
- Prevents Employee Theft and Fraud- Drug users are always in need of cash in order to sustain their drug addiction. This is why they tend to lie, borrow, and even steal money. A drug user employee will most likely steal from other employees or even from the organization that he works for. A good drug testing program will be able to give the right consequences to those who violate it as well as prevent the theft and fraud in the workplace.
- Reduce Possible Workplace Violence and Conflicts- Most drug users have behavioral issues and have always been aggressive especially those who are using stimulants. Conducting drug testing in the workplace will reduce this issue. Other than that, it has been proven that there is also an increased productivity to those who feel safer at their work environment.
To get precise drug test results, one must use quality drug test kits. This may be a bit hard considering a person might be short in budget especially a parent who would like to buy home drug tests kits for the sake of testing his child for drug use and abuse. However, this is not a problem beyond any solution. There are still drug test kits that are within one’s financial resources which can give accurate results. Here is a simple guide that may help you in choosing the right test kits within your budget.
- Know what type of drug are you testing for – For example if you are going to test for cocaine then don’t buy multi-panel drug tests that also test for other drugs. Multi-panel drug tests are used to find several kinds of drugs in one testing and that makes it expensive than a single panel drug test
- Choose a drug test procedure – Drug test procedures depends on the samples or specimens that you use to find the presence of drugs within a person’s body. A drug test which use blood as a sample or specimen is more expensive compared to a urine drug test since it requires an expert to extract and analyze the sample. If you want a cheaper kind of drug test, stick to saliva drug testing or urine drug test.
- Compare different drug test kit brands- As a person who has limited resources, you must be able to research various brands of drug test It will not only give you more options but it will also widen your knowledge regarding drug testing and various available drug test kits. Most importantly, you will able to compare different brands from each other as to quality, accuracy and prices. With the digital age, it is so easy to see the different feedbacks and comment on each brand of test kits. You must not be lazy in comparing because each detail that you know from your prospective drug test kit suppliers will help you decide.
- Choose the one with the highest quality – Don’t compromise quality because on it depends results. Imagine a test kit that tells a parent that her child is involved with drugs when the truth he is not. The drug test kit gave false results that may break and create walls between a parent and her child. Just because a test kit is cheap doesn’t mean it is also accurate as to what the brand slogan says. You must learn to see through advertisement tactics to get the right drug test
Hopefully this article helped those who don’t have any knowledge to drug test and drug testing kits.
To know more about quality and reliable drug test kits, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/wholesale/
Drug abuse has become one of the main reasons of negative changes in the behavior of a person. More than the average use can have a psychological effect, making nice girls wild and silent boys violent. This is seen in schools, in the traffic and at home among so many others. This is why employers are very nitpick when it comes to hiring new people. They usually indulge in a month-, or more, long hiring process just to make sure that they hire the best people among a pool of potential candidates. But how does one can identify a drug user from a clean living applicant? That is where tests become necessary. The swab drug test is one of the easiest and fastest means of knowing if the person is a drug user or abuser or not.
There are a lot of clinics or laboratories that offer swab drug test, but not all are the same. There are those that only offer a certain service right in the clinic while there are also those that cannot guarantee accurate tests and results. This is where the Drug Abuse Control group can help. DAC is an online provider of drug abuse related control services and products. It can be accessed through the homepage http://drugabusecontrol.com.
There, a lot of products that are available right now can be acquired for personal or business use. With the provider right on your contacts, you can conduct a fast and effective swab drug test to any of your employees or even applicants.
The swab drug test is a very easy type of saliva test. It can be administered by a company nurse or an official representative, as long as the swab and everything that will be used in the test are guaranteed to be taken well good care of. If not, the entire test will not be as reliable as employers’ hope they would be and they are all back to square one. Drug Abuse Control will not let that happen though as the site offers 24/7 customer service to those who need help in conducting tests and preparing results. There is no need to retain an entire lab just to get a number of people undergo some saliva or swab drug test with the help of Drug Abuse Control. Visit the site or give them a ring over the hotline numbers posted on the site for more information and details on what they can do to help you achieve your zero drug abuser in the workplace.
Feel free to fill this form for inquiries about swab drug test. you can also email us @ email@example.com or simply call (800) 366-5029
Kits for swab drug testing for a standard collection of drugs identify the following “parent drugs” that includes amphetamines, methamphetamines, cocaine, opiates, THC (marijuana-type drugs), phencyclidine, benzodiazepines and methadone. The test does not specify the existence or deficiency of a specific drug in the human body; it only shows the parent drug. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of performing swab drug testing.
- Advantages – Swab drug tests are low-cost and offer rapid results on a wide variety of drugs. Instructions indicated are easy to follow and in general easy to understand. Furthermore, they side step some of the communal circumstances involved with other procedures. Samples can be collected instantly without the humility issues compared in getting a urine sample. This permits reflection all over the testing method and essentially eradicates or removes swapping, diluting or interfering with the sample.
- Disadvantages – While other samples for drug testing run a lengthier history of drug use prior to test administration, oral fluid procedure will only designate illegal drug use in terms of very current use (usually 1-2 days) Also, while swab drug testing verify for a extensive range of drug types, they do not examine for some of the most normally abused drugs that includes alcohol or inhalants.
When a performing or practicing the swab drug test performed by an employer or parent, they normally use a commercially-available drug testing kit. The collection kit, which shows similarity to a pregnancy test, comprises an absorbent band contained by a thin, plastic covering. The swab drug test kit is sited in the similar way as a clinical swab in order to gather the sample. The “lab” is constructed into the kit. As the sample is absorbed, a colored control line shows higher or slowly shows in the testing device window.
With a drug testing kit, one or more lines show whether a definite type of drug is existing. In the case of a multiple-drug display, each one drug is signified by a diverse color. If the line shows, the drug is not noticed and lead to negative result. On the other hand, if a line is absent from the display, it is considered a positive result for the existence of that drug. Automated versions don’t need the interpretation of lines. As an alternative, the presence or absence of the target drugs is indicated on clear, automatic figures.
To know more about swab drug testing and drug test kit, you may check with http://drugabusecontrol.com/wholesale/