Even with a clear drug and alcohol policy and program, organizations may still find that some of their employees are using alcohol and drugs in the work environment, or coming to work affected by these substances. This does not only compromise the quality of their performance and the integrity of their work, it can likewise jeopardize the safety inside the workplace. Numerous companies choose to make drug testing policies as a method to avoid the use and abuse of alcohol and drugs among the workplace. In the event that workers test positive, they might be punished with warnings, or even termination on account of a zero-tolerance program.
The main issue is that addicts can end up cheating drug tests. By what means would businesses be able to avoid this circumstance from happening? Here are a couple of steps each organization should take to prevent drug test cheating.
- Random Drug Testing – With random drug testing, there is no notice or announcement when a drug test will be required. Through a random drug test, cheaters have fewer opportunities to prepare in order to affect test sample. For example, if a person knows that a urine drug test will be conducted later, he will consume large amounts of liquid prior to the drug test, so that there will be no presence of drugs that can be detected on the test specimen.
- Monitored Drug Testing – Employees tend to alter test samples, like adding water to the urine, or adding other substances to mask the presence of drugs. They can also substitute the sample from another source. Monitored test is an easy way to be sure that none of these things happen. Employers may hire third-party drug testing companies to monitor the whole drug testing
- Varied Type Tests – By using many test samples to conduct a drug tests, it will be harder to cheat or substitute. Since oral test and hair tests are observed, the likelihood of adulteration or substitution of the specimen is reduced.
- Zero Tolerance Policy – Businesses clearly can’t expect workers to wear drug and alcohol detection gadgets, however, they can hinder drug use with a zero-tolerance approach that incorporates instant termination, should any representative test positive for alcohol or drugs. In fact, this won’t avoid cheating on drug tests, yet it might prevent drug use in any case, which is the main objective.
For more details regarding drug testing, drug abuse prevention and various types of drug testing kits, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/
There are a wide range of types of drug testing that a company may conduct for a job applicant or employee. These are breath liquor tests, blood tests for drug use and liquor, urine drug tests, and even hair drug tests. Another type of test is the saliva drug test.
A saliva drug test, otherwise called a mouth swab or oral fluid test, gathers saliva from inside the job candidate or worker’s mouth. The saliva is used as a specimen which is tested for the presence of drugs; regularly, these tests can recognize drugs used in previous couple of days. Saliva can be tested for liquor, cannabis, cocaine, amphetamines, and methamphetamines.
Saliva drug tests are common for some business organizations, this is because it is more affordable than other drug tests. It is also simple to facilitate. Saliva is anything but difficult to gather and test, so this is the simplest and the least invasive kind of drug testing. Frequently, the tests should be done on site, which makes them easy to conduct and effective.
There are a couple of basic reasons why businesses conduct saliva drug tests. Sometimes, these are part of the pre-employment tests. This drug test will be a piece of the bigger work screening process, which may include different other record verifications.
A few companies conduct random drug tests, in which they randomly select representatives from a pool of workers to take the test. Normally, the employees should not have any knowledge or notice of the drug tests. Nonetheless, the business organization must tell the employees in their handbook, that random drug tests can be conducted anytime as a part of the company’s policy. A few states have laws regarding how far ahead of time representatives should be informed about the drug tests.
Some organizations conduct for-cause drug tests. For this situation, if a business thinks a worker might be affected by drugs because of often absenteeism, frequent lateness, poor performance, and other behavioral signs of drug use, the organization can require the representative to present an oral drug test.
Lastly, employers conduct these tests after an accident on the workplace. This may comprise a car accident, or accidents which includes use of machineries. These drug tests enable the business to know whose responsibility is the incident.
For further information regarding saliva drug test as well as saliva drug testing kits you can purchase online, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/retailers-1/saliva-tests
Drug testing is the assessment of a urine, saliva or other kind of body specimen to know whether an individual has been using the drugs. Drug tests are regularly done as a part of pre-employment screening of business organizations, particularly for positions that may include transportation industries such as railways and airline organizations. It is also conducted in hospitals and other working environments where the public’s wellbeing is essential. Employment drug testing is commonly conducted for some U.S. businesses to decrease the risks and effects of drug use and abuse such as safety concerns, and the decrease of productivity in the working environment. The following are the types of drug tests that can be used in the workplace:
Urine drug testing
Urine is the commonly used specimen used for drug testing by businesses. A urinalysis will demonstrate the presence of a drug in the even after the drug effects have worn off; however, the amount of time depend on the kind of drug. Average urine drug tests for work may screen for amphetamines or methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, sedatives like oxycodone or heroin, nicotine, and liquor.
Saliva drug testing
Saliva or oral drug testing, also called a mouth swab test, might be used if an employer is used with the thought about recent drug use. Saliva drug test however is not useful to test the long term use of drugs. Most saliva drug tests can detect drug use between hours up to 3 days. Saliva drug test is a simple lab test to conduct and the sample easy to extract, it is also less vulnerable to being changed or altered. Saliva drug tests can detect alcohol, cannabis, cocaine, amphetamines, and methamphetamines.
Blood drug testing
A blood drug test might be used to know the amount of drug in a workers body at that exact moment. Different kind of drugs can be tried for in blood: amphetamines, cocaine, cannabis, methamphetamines, sedatives, nicotine, and liquor. Blood testing is invasive yet there is minimal possibility for cheating or alteration of the sample.
Hair drug testing
Hair testing is used to detect drug use on the longer term, usually over a 90-day timeframe. Hair can be tried for cocaine, maryjane, sedatives, methamphetamine, phencyclidine, and liquor.
Aside from knowing the types of drug test. You should also know the kinds of drug testing kits. There are single panel and multi panel drug test kits. Single panel drug test kits detect only a specific kind of drug test while multi-panel drug test kits tests for several types of drugs.
For more facts and information regarding drug test and drug testing kits, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/
The use of illegal drugs can affect an employee’s work performance and can cause an overall impact to the work and well-being of the other employees and the work environment. For work that requires operating heavy machinery or involves health and safety of others, managers ought to particularly be aware if a particular worker is under the influence of illicit drugs. Drug use can influence workplace concentration and judgment and, if illegal drugs are involved, it could put the organization and the company at risk. To diminish business hazard, there must be an employee and pre-employment drug testing.
The most commonly used drug testing in the workplace are multi-panel drug tests since they detect the presence of various kinds of drugs in just one testing. For example, 5-panel drug tests detect for Cocaine Amphetamine/Methamphetamine, Opiates such as heroin, codeine and morphine, Phencyclidine or PCP, THC (marijuana). There is also 10-panel drug test kits that detects the Cocaine, Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, Opiates such as heroin, codeine and morphine, Benzodiazepines, Barbiturates, Propoxyphene, Phencyclidine or PCP,THC (marijuana) and Methadone. Using multi-panel drug tests should are advisable for easy detection of the given types of drugs in the presence of an individual.
Employee and pre-employment drug testing are also done for a number of reasons. Below are the most common cause while a drug screening is conducted.
- Applicant Drug Testing – Drug testing is typically performed prior to an offer of employment. Laws directing drug screening rely upon where you live. Where allowed by state law, work candidates might undergo drug screening as a major aspect of the employment hiring process. In the event that an organization tests for drug use, it is commonly part of the pre-employment screening process and would be required after the employer has offered an individual a job. A failed drug test could cause the job offer to be withdrawn.
- Post-Accident Drug Screening- If a person is involved in an on-the-job accident and injury, he is most likely to undergo drug testing to know if he caused such accident by working while using illicit drugs.
- Random Drug Testing- This is done by selecting random individuals to undergo a drug testing any time. However, there should be a random drug test system in choosing the representatives to avoid the issue of discrimination.
- For Cause Drug Screening- If a person exhibit behavioral and mental signs and symptoms of using illegal drugs, the company may request an employee to conduct drug testing.
The use of illegal drugs can affect an employee’s work performance and can cause an overall impact to the work and well-being of the other employees and the work environment.
Drug screening, especially pre-employment, has gradually turned as a part of the hiring process in organizations all over the country. This results into more secure work environments and better employee performance. Drug testing became a shield that prevents any possible unlikely situations and circumstances. While this is an uplifting news, organizations who execute drug testing programs should know about the common mistakes of employment drug screening.
- Random Tests Selection– If your organization is going to random drug test workers, you have to utilize a way that genuinely, with no predisposition, chooses a random representative. You can’t simply stroll down the lobbies and pick the initial five workers you keep running into. Selecting representatives without any specific way to pick randomly could be understood as discrimination. It would be better that you to set up ways that guarantee full compliance for random drug tests.
- Reminding them that a Drug Test will be Conducted– It may sound fundamental, however when you select a worker for a random drug test, don’t give them a lot of notice preceding the test. Given the chance that the worker has time to get ready for the test, they may attempt to beat the system, cheat the test and not go to work to avoid the test at all. By restricting the chance for your employees to do this this things, you can limit the risk.
- Rules and Compliance– There are such a large number of factors related to drug testing. State laws, government laws, and industry regulations all complicate compliance for businesses. When you hire individuals in various states, you should be knowledgeable in each state’s drug testing
- Just Screening Once– Of the considerable number of organizations that do drug testing, few perform drug screens after a pre-employment drug testing. This can leave your organization open to work environment accidents or financial damage due to poor performance. Randomly drug testing workers shields your organization and other employees from harm.
Having a drug testing program is one of the best way an organization that you can prevent harm and avoid risk, however it should be done the right way. Partnering together with a drug abuse company is a simple approach to advance to a drug free workplace. You should also buy accurate and reliable drug test kits that will surely give you the right results.
Drug testing in the workplace gives businesses a chance to guarantee that their workers are not using illicit substances at work or even in their time off. While it might cost an organization to test every employee, the benefits and advantages of the testing make it worth the cost. Here are a few advantages that a company can get when they do not skip drug testing programs.
- Safer Working Environment – If the work setting involves operating machines and other equipment, an employee should not be under the influence of any illegal drugs. For example, a driver should be sober in order to do his job properly. Conducting drug testing in the workplace leads to a better and safer work environment.
- Productive Employees – Absenteeism, tardiness, employee theft and behavioral problems are few problems often associated with drug use and abuse. All of which leads to poor performance and less profits. Through workplace drug testing, you can be assured that you have employees who really do their duties well at work. Drug use leads to lower focus and reduced productivity. This is one of the reasons why a business should prevent people who use drugs to enter the company as well as employees who violate the rules and regulations which regards to working under the influence of drugs.
- Decrease of Health Insurance Costs- Drug use cause many health problems. Those who use illegal substances have higher medical costs than those who don’t. This means more frequent health insurance claims, which of course translates to higher premiums. A drug testing in the workplace will help you prevent this kind of financial damage.
- Prevents Employee Theft and Fraud- Drug users are always in need of cash in order to sustain their drug addiction. This is why they tend to lie, borrow, and even steal money. A drug user employee will most likely steal from other employees or even from the organization that he works for. A good drug testing program will be able to give the right consequences to those who violate it as well as prevent the theft and fraud in the workplace.
- Reduce Possible Workplace Violence and Conflicts- Most drug users have behavioral issues and have always been aggressive especially those who are using stimulants. Conducting drug testing in the workplace will reduce this issue. Other than that, it has been proven that there is also an increased productivity to those who feel safer at their work environment.
To get precise drug test results, one must use quality drug test kits. This may be a bit hard considering a person might be short in budget especially a parent who would like to buy home drug tests kits for the sake of testing his child for drug use and abuse. However, this is not a problem beyond any solution. There are still drug test kits that are within one’s financial resources which can give accurate results. Here is a simple guide that may help you in choosing the right test kits within your budget.
- Know what type of drug are you testing for – For example if you are going to test for cocaine then don’t buy multi-panel drug tests that also test for other drugs. Multi-panel drug tests are used to find several kinds of drugs in one testing and that makes it expensive than a single panel drug test
- Choose a drug test procedure – Drug test procedures depends on the samples or specimens that you use to find the presence of drugs within a person’s body. A drug test which use blood as a sample or specimen is more expensive compared to a urine drug test since it requires an expert to extract and analyze the sample. If you want a cheaper kind of drug test, stick to saliva drug testing or urine drug test.
- Compare different drug test kit brands- As a person who has limited resources, you must be able to research various brands of drug test It will not only give you more options but it will also widen your knowledge regarding drug testing and various available drug test kits. Most importantly, you will able to compare different brands from each other as to quality, accuracy and prices. With the digital age, it is so easy to see the different feedbacks and comment on each brand of test kits. You must not be lazy in comparing because each detail that you know from your prospective drug test kit suppliers will help you decide.
- Choose the one with the highest quality – Don’t compromise quality because on it depends results. Imagine a test kit that tells a parent that her child is involved with drugs when the truth he is not. The drug test kit gave false results that may break and create walls between a parent and her child. Just because a test kit is cheap doesn’t mean it is also accurate as to what the brand slogan says. You must learn to see through advertisement tactics to get the right drug test
Hopefully this article helped those who don’t have any knowledge to drug test and drug testing kits.
To know more about quality and reliable drug test kits, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/wholesale/
One of the most common problems in teenagers is the involvement in drug use in their adolescent life. They are in the time when their curiosity is heightened and they think that they are entitled to try everything in order to fulfill the desires of their adventures. Some teens are still confused as to what and who they want to be. This is the time where they also feel emotional and vulnerable. This is why most teens suffer from mental and emotional issues. Their immaturity and vulnerability pushes them to try new things and look for confidants in which they could feel that they belong and someone can empathize with them. Unfortunately, not all teenagers find people that will help them with their issues and look after them as they go through this stage. Some have found bad peers and companions that have influenced them to use drugs as an emotional outlet to escape issues and have a momentary break to the problems they have. This is why it’s important that parents should always be there for their kids in every phase of life that they may undergo. As parents they have the responsibility for taking care of the well-being of their children. As to drug involvement, one wise decision to make is to conduct an at home drug test that will help them verify their suspicion of their child’s drug use. However, if you are a parent, you might want to keep the drug test confidential and keep it to you and your child and your family. The best thing to do this is purchase drug test kits and conduct an at home drug test. However, before performing a drug test at home you must know the following tips to get accurate and reliable results:
- Look for behavioral and mental signs and symptoms- symptoms that may lead you to identify which kind of drugs your child might be involved. This will help you which drug test kit to buy for your at-home drug test. Different drugs have common symptoms but they also have different mental and behavioral effects to a person.
- Kind of drug test- There are several types of drugs test. However, the most commonly used at home drug test is saliva drug test and urine drug test since it is easier to administer and read the results compared to blood test that needs medical expert to extract and analyze the samples.
- Where to buy the test kits – With the different companies that produce drug test kits, you must buy from established and trusted ones. Other than that, buy drug test kits that are provide full instructions on how to how to conduct the test and read results. Most importantly, buy accurate test kits. Don’t sacrifice quality over expenses. Just imagine the misunderstanding and the confusion it will create if you get false results.
- Be knowledgeable on how to prevent cheating during the test – If your child is really involved, he will do anything to make the results negative and avoid the confrontation. This is why it’s important that you learn the before, during and after lessons that you should know in administering someone to a drug test. This includes removing things that your child might use to fake the sample as well as being there on the actual extraction of the specimens that will be used.
- Learn about false positives- Your drug test might be reliable however there are other reasons that you the results might turn put positive when in reality it’s positive. It is also important to know this one.
To know more about at home drug test and where to purchase accurate drug testing kits, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/all-in-one-teenager-drug-test-kit-for-parents.html .
If you are a concerned parent who have a suspicion that your child is in need of medical attention because of suspected drug use, the best way to know is conduct a home drug test. Conducting home drug test is easy. However, you must still know a few tips that will help you conduct it successfully in order to get the right test results. The following are some of the basic stuffs that you should know:
- Buy Reliable and Accurate Drug Test Kits- Before buying an at home drug test kit, make sure that you check its reliability. The most important thing to consider is to be sure that you use a test kit for the drugs that are suspected of being used since there is not a universal drug kit to test all kinds of drugs. Other than that, you should also make sure that these kits are reviewed, tested, and approved by the government. For example, home drug test kits from Drug Abuse Control is FDA cleared, CLIA waived with 99.9% accuracy rating-the kind of drug test kits that you should purchase. Lastly, check if the kit hasn’t expired yet or in any way damaged which could compromise its ability to give accurate results.
- Read the Instructions and Follow it carefully- When conducting a test, make sure that you aren’t confused by what the instructions says and you follow it cautiously because even the slightest of errors can lead to wrong results. It is important that you ensure that you follow even the smallest instruction, because incorrect results may come between you and your child.
- Reduce the Possibility of Cheating- There are many tricks posted online that your child can read which could compromise the accuracy of the results of a drug test. Some will try to add chemicals to the test kit or they may take different vitamins to change the results. Make sure that they do not do these things before and during the home drug test.
- Read the Results Correctly- As mentioned above, following the instructions is important not only during the drug testing, but also after it. Interpreting results in the correct way will clear your doubts.
- Understand that there are also False Positives- This means that a result might falsely indicates the presence of a drug. There are many reasons as to how a test can come out with a positive when there is no drug use. These includes eating poppy seed which shows up as opium, drinking medications, drinking coffee which can appear as amphetamine or being exposed to secondhand drug smoke such as marijuana smoke.
For more details regarding home drug test and the best home drug test kits you can purchase online, don’t forget to visit http://drugabusecontrol.com/all-in-one-teenager-drug-test-kit-for-parents.html
Urine test is a kind of drug test that uses urine as a specimen to detect substances within the urine that are found in drugs, therefore letting us know if there is a presence of illegal drugs in a person’s body. It is the most popular type of drug test because it is easy to perform and it is very convenient for the users. Aside from a urine test, there are also other types of drug tests like blood test or saliva test, all having the same purpose of detecting if there are illicit substances within the body.
Urine tests have been proven to be the easiest method in detecting if a person is using illegal drugs or not, because of its ease of use. Here are some of the reasons as to why:
- Less invasive – it is definitely less invasive due to the fact that people urinate behind closed doors. The privacy adds a lot of factor, and people are more comfortable conducting drug tests in their own private rooms than in public labs. The privacy also allows them to relax while conducting a drug test, therefore reducing pressure upon the user.
- Cheap – some drug tests cost more than others because of their intricacy and how they are to be used, while some are cheap because they are simple to use and are not too complicated. A urine test falls on the latter category because of its simplicity, therefore making it cheaper than other drug tests.
- Easy to conduct – since a urine test is less complicated than other drug tests, it is much easier to use and to conduct. That’s why it is a popular type of drug test because people might have a hard time understanding the instructions of other types of drug tests, which could lead to inaccurate results.
- Results in just a few minutes – because of its simplicity, its results appear fast too, since it does not require a lot of processing. Some types of drug tests require complicated analysis to produce results. The more complicated things are, the slower it becomes to process it, therefore consuming time. A Urine test on the other hand produces results in a short span of time.
In order to be sure that the results of the urine test is accurate, the urine test kits must be reliable and accurate. As a user, we cannot afford to have inaccurate results, because drugs are a huge problem in our society. Drug Abuse Control, with its variety of drug test kits, offers reliable products and are proven and tested by their customers. To ensure accuracy and reliability, choose Drug Abuse Control.